Monday 31 December 2012

Happy new year!


It's the last day of 2012. What a year! It's been difficult for me, and many others around the world. As I reflect on 2012, I have to admit that, through all the hardships that this year dished out, it was frugality that helped in a big way. I don't pretend to be perfect; my path is guided with frugality, but I know I'm not frugally perfect, so I'm going to make some frugal resolutions for 2013 to help guide me closer to frugal nirvana.

The first resolution I'll make is to commit to weekly updates of this blog for the entire year. Every Friday, expect to see fresh, new content, with original photographs.

My second resolution is to commit to a 2:1 ratio when it comes to acquiring stuff. What this means is that, for each new thing that comes into my house, two things must go. This is part of my on-going efforts to de-clutter, as well as to provide me with a moment to consider if I really need that new thing. Whether it's selling through eBay, donating to Goodwill, or just gifting to someone, two things must go for every thing that comes in.

Finally, I'm going to resolve to spend more time enjoying life. 2012 was all about my new career, house, and adapting to the changes that occur as a result of a career and house change. I'm finally feeling settled in both, so I'm going to commit to at least a couple of weeks of "Down" time, to travel and enjoy life. This part is all about giving myself back some time.

All the best to you and yours in the upcoming new year, and if you have any resolutions you'd like to share, feel free to share them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment